Life in a Week... A Book About Being Really Happy and Life in a Week... What Is Spirituality are two of my creations that I wanted to share with the world. I feel we all have a story to tell but, more importantly we feel blessed when we can put a smile on someones face! I hope my stories inspire you to do just that with the ones whom are closest to you!


THANK YOU for stopping by my blog and please let me know if your visit here put a smile on your face! My personal email is kellerslifeinaweek@gmail.com

If you like what you read here then go to the right and order a copy of each of the books today!


Have a fun day, Michael Shawn Keller

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Watch for the motives of the snake oil sales person

I learned at a young age to surround myself with people who are positive and have a great outlook on life. When we surround ourselves with loving people with goals, it will always help us to stay focused and motivated on our own. It doesn’t matter what our goals are, rather just that we have them. Through the years I have been surrounded with such people in my work life, social life, and my family life. I have been blessed to be able to enjoy the day, knowing that each day will bring more successes. I know that we must make mistakes in order to learn and grow and I have a very good “gut instinct” on people I meet. I usually sense when to run from such mean spirited people who have selfish motives or who are just really evil!


I think it is important to trust everyone that we meet unless they prove not to be trustworthy. Unfortunately some people are experts at deceiving us! This is why there are so many scams, gimmicks, and snake oils being sold every day. Recently I learned such a lesson. Through this lesson I learned to be on the look out for these scam artists before investing time or money with such snake oil sales people. If someone starts a relationship on false pretenses and is trying to sell you something by making you believe that they are actually looking for something that you are an authority on or may be selling, don’t just walk away from that person; RUN! It is like the age old saying that Clark Howard (one of my hero’s) always says “if it is sounds too good to be true then it is” Don’t stick around long enough to get bit; trust me. It stings!

I have been in sales for most of my adult life and I have never sold anyone anything that was useless or a waste of money. I couldn’t sell anything that I didn’t believe would help make that persons day or life better. This is why I am so trustworthy and sometimes feel that sting. I will always trust in others, knowing that most are good. My point of this entire story is to watch for selfish motives. Some people may be looking to take a foot of energy when you offer just an inch. Be sure to listen to your instincts and never trust anyone with a bitter voice or phony offer. There are many takers in society. If you are a giver and love to see people smile then leave the taker in the dust because that is exactly what they plan to do with you...

Wish only the best for the “snake oil sales person” because that is all they know to sell. Let God judge them. It is not our business to find out what their motives are. It is wise to walk away from their evil motives and try to help others from being hurt by them. Always remember that every ending is the start of a new beginning; move forward and learn from history.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cartoons with a positive message! I do this when I am bored (wierd)

About scams...