Life in a Week... A Book About Being Really Happy and Life in a Week... What Is Spirituality are two of my creations that I wanted to share with the world. I feel we all have a story to tell but, more importantly we feel blessed when we can put a smile on someones face! I hope my stories inspire you to do just that with the ones whom are closest to you!


THANK YOU for stopping by my blog and please let me know if your visit here put a smile on your face! My personal email is kellerslifeinaweek@gmail.com

If you like what you read here then go to the right and order a copy of each of the books today!


Have a fun day, Michael Shawn Keller

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Get a hearing aid or run into the traffic!

I meet a lot of people everyday and I try to remember that people always project to others what they feel about themselves. I was talking to a woman today who would not make eye contact and talked very low. When I asked her if she would speak up because I have a hard time hearing sometimes she literally screamed at me to get a hearing aid or run into the traffic! WOW. I didn't know what to do or say so I just asked her if she needed a hug (and that is hard for me because I am not a touchy feely kind of person usually...especially once I quit drinking). She grabbed her coffee and walked outside, I too was leaving and headed for my car. When I got into the car she walked over and said she was sorry and told me that the doctor just told her that she is deaf in her left ear and would loose all her hearing by the time she was 40! She felt guilty because she would not be able to hear her babies voice in a short time. I told her that I believe guilt is taught to us as children and it is not natural, it is hell. Guilt is a horrible feeling to carry with us needlessly. Many of us are filled with that guilt and accept it as right when it is actually wrong! Take a step back, look at every situation, and always be happy for what we have even if it is for a limited time. Leave the judging up to God, for we should not judge anyone, just care and love unconditionally! My point here is that I am glad I didn't just get snotty back or get defensive because that would have just hurt both of us. The old saying "keep your mouth shut unless you have something nice to say" comes to mind! Have a fun week, Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cartoons with a positive message! I do this when I am bored (wierd)

About scams...